Organization put a lot of time, effort and money in acquiring software solutions to serve their business needs, but mostly consider the solution’s underlying technology as an afterthought. In many cases, each solution’s underlying technology is selected to serve the solution’s individual technology requirements, leading to a heterogeneous, highly complex technology infrastructure that is both demanding and costly to manage and operate. In such environments, optimizing resource utilization, providing high availability or scaling the technology infrastructure to accommodate the ever expanding business needs is not only challenging, but also involves a significant amount risk.
To successfully address these challenges, an organization needs to develop and maintain a technology architecture that guides their technology selection, acquisition and utilization for each acquired information system and software solution. The technology architecture must provide the right level of reliability, scalability, security and performance for the organization’s needs.
Business Borderlines Technology architecture services provides organizations with just that. Our services provide organizations with a view of the optimum technology architecture for their needs detailing the following:
• The various technology components (Hardware, storage, networking, operating systems, software platforms, etc…) required to serve the organization’s current and future needs.
• The relationship of these components to the organization’s existing information systems.
• The composition of the various technology stacks provided by the above mentioned components.
• Segmentation of various technology architecture components by use (production, staging, testing, development), physical location and/or activity status (Active, stand-by, backup)
• Network architecture and design.
• Gaps between the current technology architecture and the target technology architecture.
The provided technology architecture helps guide the organization’s acquisition and development of its technology infrastructure and provides the foundation required for better resource utilization, more control, higher flexibility and improved reliability.