Position: Senior Project Manager
Division: Commercial Division
Reports to: PMO Head
Working day-to-day ensuring the success of managed BBL Projects whether external or internal projects.
Scope Management & Project Activities & Cost Planning
- Responsible for project initiative in precontractual/presales stages, establishing a rapport and trust with potential clients.
- Responsible with the help of presales specialist and/or delivery team for defining the solution (customization and tailoring of our service offerings in relation to the prospect customer).
- Responsible for solution proposal writing (solutioning) to prospect customers and/or reviewing and monitoring of presales/technical activities performed by delivery team.
- Responsible for all technical proposal related communication with the customer with the cooperation or relevant stakeholders or SMEs.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with stakeholders and create a single masterplan for all active projects under their direct management.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Ensure scope creep or project objective deviations are reported and approved by management or proceeded under change management procedures.
Staffing & Implementation, Monitoring and Status reporting of Project Status
- Responsible for Project staffing SOP
- Ensure that all project staff receive an appropriate orientation to the project
- Monitor the daily project progress ensuring commitment to the planned effort and budget.
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices.
- Ensures that all project deliveries have undergone through the review cycles prior to client delivery
- Ensure the negative project risks are identified and an appropriate risk response strategy is formulated
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Assess the performance of the delivery team members in each managed project.
- Ensure allocated staff are utilized according to the minimum utilization targets and within overall project budget.
Efficient Project Documentation
- Develop forms and records to document project activities
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured on BBL’s file server RMT.
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders on the progress of the project and respond to clients inquires, as needed.
- Review or delegate (ensuring completion) of the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
Project Performance Assessment
- Responsible for calculating and reporting monthly key performance indicators pertaining to planning accuracy, team commitment, operational efficiency, quality of delivery, team members performance
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
Quality Assurance & Operational Optimization
- Working closely with Operational Excellence team, ensuring managed projects fully adheres to the defined SOPs.
- Responsible for conflict management; analysis and resolution for all received customer complaints or feedback on a specific work teams, projects and formulate a root cause analysis of the specific problem on hand guided by measurable evidence and formulates an improvement action plan to share with management.
Project Cost Management
- Responsible for Project Cost Management, Monitoring and Analysis
- Responsible for ensuring that project overall cost does not exceed the allocated budget
- Responsible for reducing delivery/direct operational costs without adversely impacting the client experience, decisions for cost reduction should be financially analyzed and may include, for example; Staff reallocations, Project Activities re-planning, Change Management Process Initiation and Change of software used internally by BBL or used for client’s projects (if it cost is bared by BBL)
- Responsible for monthly cost reporting ensuring commitment to the budget for each project or initiative.
- Responsible for project team accurate and timely status update, effort(cost) claims.
Client Relationship Management & Client Satisfaction
- Responsible for customer communications, correspondence and status updates for managed projects.
- Responsible for prompt planning and delivery communication with the clients.
- Assess customer feedback received through regular feedback surveying processes conducted by commercial/support or management team and make necessary improvements to the project.
- Identification of project risks, recurring customer pains and working on resolution pertaining to delivery dimensions (time, quality and budget).
Required Certifications and Professional Development Qualifications
The following certifications are a must
- PMP Certification
- Prince2 -Practitioner Level
Required experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 15 years of experience at reputable business service organization(s) as PM in software/ professional services industry.
Career Development Path
PMO Head Perquisites:
- PMP or Prince2 Practitioner Certified
- Four successful project track records in BBL.
- Minimum One year in the role of PM at BBL