IT Help Desk Technician Responsibilities
- Serving as the first point of contact for staff seeking technical assistance whether at office premises, over the phone or email
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by company staff.
We are looking for a competent Help Desk Technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems, internal network and used software systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to ensure staff can work smoothly supported by a robust infrastructure and speedy connectivity, and that their time is best utilized in serving our clients’ needs.
- Serve as the first point of contact for company staff seeking technical assistance.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Good Awareness with SVN Source Control & Versioning and Requirements Management Tools.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Ability to develop reports, configure backup and restore, manage website and company email
- Proven experience as a help desk technicianor other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, networks and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed and cool-tempered
- BSc/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field